- Paul Simon: Bachelors, English, Columbia
- Kris Kristofferson: Bachelors, creative writing, Pomona College; Masters, English literature, Oxford
- Don Henley: Bachelors, English literature, Stephen F. Austin State University
- Sting: Bachelors, English, Northumbria University
- Chris Isaak: Bachelors, English, University of the Pacific.
- Sufjan Stevens: MFA, creative writing, The New School
I’ve written a poem a week in the last month.
Books I got for Christmas:
- How to Mow the Lawn by Sam Martin
- A Man Without a Country by Kurt Vonnegut
- Triumph and Tragedy in Mudville by Stephen Jay Gould
- Traveling Light: Collected and New Poems by David Wagoner (hurray!)
- Owls and Other Fantasies by Mary Oliver
Music I got for Christmas:
- The Crane Wife from The Decemberists
- Sam’s Town from The Killers
New bands I recently found on the Web
- Band of Horses
- The Black Angels
- Los Campesinos!
I wrote one poem last week.
I have a cold. Here’s what I’m reading right now:
- December issue of POETRY.
- Agile Project Management with Scrum by Ken Schwaber.
- Selected Poems by W.H. Auden
- Can Poetry Matter? by Dana Gioia